Acoustic Elegance/Lambda?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone actually received a driver from John in the last few months?

I ordered a couple of 12" Lambda's back in the spring (I'd have to look up the month). I waited for at least a month or two, then called to inquire. I got an E-mail on July 25th, saying that the drivers would ship the following day. Didn't happen. Kept calling every couple of weeks and leaving messages asking about progress. Got a mail in late September with a UPS shipping number. Only problem is, the shipment hasn't been sent. Called a week and a half ago and actually got John on the phone. He said they would ship out that day. Um, well no, didn't happen and no one answers the phone.

So, do I write this off and get on with life or can anyone offer me a glimmer of hope? I've got some time now to finish my project.

Sheldon

How did you pay for these? If you used a debit or credit card you can just have the bank do a chargeback sice you paid for these and never received them.

I wouldn't wait for anything that long - after you've gotten your money back you should call them and tell them to let you know when they're REALLY ready to ship. Then tell them to ship FIRST, and you'll pay upon receipt - since they sat on your money for so long they should be willing to let you have their product first, and trust you to pay. Afterall, that's what you did with them - gave them your money and trusted them to ship, a trust they failed to fulfill.

If your money is good enough for them without giving you the product, their product should be good enough for you without paying them up front.

My 2 cents. :D

sdclc126 said:
How did you pay for these? If you used a debit or credit card you can just have the bank do a chargeback sice you paid for these and never received them.

I wouldn't wait for anything that long - after you've gotten your money back you should call them and tell them to let you know when they're REALLY ready to ship. Then tell them to ship FIRST, and you'll pay upon receipt - since they sat on your money for so long they should be willing to let you have their product first, and trust you to pay. Afterall, that's what you did with them - gave them your money and trusted them to ship, a trust they failed to fulfill.

If your money is good enough for them without giving you the product, their product should be good enough for you without paying them up front.

My 2 cents. :D

just call john... he will refund the money as soon as you call :rolleyes:

john runs the shop... by himself and builds a lot of drivers

IM john at stryke23x

tell him that if you don't have the tracking number by friday you will cancel... he will get them to you by then

it's worth it ... these speakers are amazing

John's a good guy... albeit distracted and busy...

I had to bug him a little with mine... problem was his builder quit in like 1st of july so he's been alone since then

if you want to go with worse options john will refund your money...

By far the best way to contact is by phone. Lambdas were offered in 10s, 12s and 15s and featured copper Faraday ring motors. The dipole versions have underhung motors, high q, and claimed extension to 2khz. The 15s were on sale at $279 for one, $179 for a second, dont know if still are. $269, $169 on 12.

Lambda TD10H
Vas 68 Liters
Cms 0.4 mm/N
Mms 83 grams
Sd 345 cm2
Rms 3.0 Kg/S
Bl 20.4 T/m
Re 6.5 ohms
Z 8 ohms
Le 0.3 mH
Pe (nom) 300 Watts
Pe (max) 500 Watts
Pe (transient) 1000 Watts
1WSpl 90.1 dB
VC Length 38 mm
Air Gap 18 mm
Linear Xmax 10 mm (peak)
Mech Xmax 18 mm (peak)
Weight 23lbs
Part# TD10H
Size 10"
Motor TD (overhung)
Magnet 120oz (3.4Kg) Ceramic 5
VC diameter 51mm
VC Former Black Anodized Aluminum
VC Wire 4 Layer Copper Flatwire
Basket Cast Aluminum 12 Spoke
Cone Paper Based
Cone Profile Curvilinear
Surround Doped Foam, 2 layer treatment
Dustcap None - Phase Plug
Spider Medium stiffness Nomex
Faraday Copper
Pole Vent No - Phase Plug
Terminals Gold Plated Binding Posts

Closest Lambda to Peerless XLS 10

Tweeker said:
The first thing I can think of off the bat is that the Lambda's inductance spec is less fictional than the Peerless.

/hehe

also I don't believe the diameter of the peerless is alum sleeved like the lambda... the plots I have for it show extension on axis flat to 5khz and knowing nick these are true

FS is ridiculous on the 15's... extension to 32hz ported is incredibly easy

New News: According to John, he is going to speed production by having the surrounds, voice coils, and spiders attached to the cones by the Chinese cone supplier so he can just make two glue joints and ship the drivers out the door more quickly. A TD15X with Copper Faraday is $279.

And AV (Aluminum cone, Santoprene Surround, Long Displacement) and SL series woofers (Slim design, patented Nd motor structure, long throw) are also pre-assembled and in-stock in decent numbers according to John, with an estimated 24 to 48 hour lead time on shipping if all is well. All preorders for these drivers have been filled.

AE Speakers is indeed plugging along. I suggested to John that a good place to look for replacement help is in the demographic of 18-to-25-year-olds who are seeking employment in the car audio installation field.

Indeed, if people are looking for a quality product, AE Speakers is an innovative business with a proprietor who is uncompromising when it comes to quality. That is why he stopped sourcing the AV series woofers from TC Sounds - not enough attention to quality. And I'll throw in my personal testimony - the AV series woofers are some amazingly musical yet beefy drivers. In their recommended enclosures, they really shine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.