Acoustic Elegance/Lambda? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2005, 06:18 PM   #1
Sheldon is offline Sheldon  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Acoustic Elegance/Lambda?

Has anyone actually received a driver from John in the last few months?

I ordered a couple of 12" Lambda's back in the spring (I'd have to look up the month). I waited for at least a month or two, then called to inquire. I got an E-mail on July 25th, saying that the drivers would ship the following day. Didn't happen. Kept calling every couple of weeks and leaving messages asking about progress. Got a mail in late September with a UPS shipping number. Only problem is, the shipment hasn't been sent. Called a week and a half ago and actually got John on the phone. He said they would ship out that day. Um, well no, didn't happen and no one answers the phone.

So, do I write this off and get on with life or can anyone offer me a glimmer of hope? I've got some time now to finish my project.

Sheldon
Old 17th October 2005, 07:17 PM   #2
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Greets!

FWIW, this is the most recent info I've seen: http://f20.parsimony.net/cgi-bin/top...eadNummer=8499

That said, AFAIK he's never 'stiffed' anyone, but it appears he still hasn't gotten his 'act' together so who knows when they will ship.

GM
Old 17th October 2005, 08:37 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I received 4 15" TDX's faraday's around 2 months ago now... from john

after waiting around 2 months for them

they are quite honestly the greatest sounding drivers I've ever experienced

IM john about status... he's a VERY busy man.... it's worth the wait though
Old 17th October 2005, 08:48 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

How did you pay for these? If you used a debit or credit card you can just have the bank do a chargeback sice you paid for these and never received them.

I wouldn't wait for anything that long - after you've gotten your money back you should call them and tell them to let you know when they're REALLY ready to ship. Then tell them to ship FIRST, and you'll pay upon receipt - since they sat on your money for so long they should be willing to let you have their product first, and trust you to pay. Afterall, that's what you did with them - gave them your money and trusted them to ship, a trust they failed to fulfill.

If your money is good enough for them without giving you the product, their product should be good enough for you without paying them up front.

My 2 cents.
Old 17th October 2005, 09:08 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sdclc126
How did you pay for these? If you used a debit or credit card you can just have the bank do a chargeback sice you paid for these and never received them.

I wouldn't wait for anything that long - after you've gotten your money back you should call them and tell them to let you know when they're REALLY ready to ship. Then tell them to ship FIRST, and you'll pay upon receipt - since they sat on your money for so long they should be willing to let you have their product first, and trust you to pay. Afterall, that's what you did with them - gave them your money and trusted them to ship, a trust they failed to fulfill.

If your money is good enough for them without giving you the product, their product should be good enough for you without paying them up front.

My 2 cents.

just call john... he will refund the money as soon as you call

john runs the shop... by himself and builds a lot of drivers

IM john at stryke23x

tell him that if you don't have the tracking number by friday you will cancel... he will get them to you by then

it's worth it ... these speakers are amazing

John's a good guy... albeit distracted and busy...

I had to bug him a little with mine... problem was his builder quit in like 1st of july so he's been alone since then

if you want to go with worse options john will refund your money...
Old 17th October 2005, 10:27 PM   #6
Tweeker is offline Tweeker  United States
diyAudio Member

Received 4 Lambda Dipole 15s, and an SB15 long long delayed, but worth the wait. The SB15 was a B-stock special and was thrown in free due to delay. I can barely make out the cosmetic reason it was B Stock.
Old 17th October 2005, 10:30 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

What do these cost anyway? Would they be a good substitute for peerless XLS in the Linkwitz Orion? Do they have a 10"?
Old 17th October 2005, 10:51 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

By far the best way to contact is by phone. Lambdas were offered in 10s, 12s and 15s and featured copper Faraday ring motors. The dipole versions have underhung motors, high q, and claimed extension to 2khz. The 15s were on sale at $279 for one, $179 for a second, dont know if still are. $269, $169 on 12.
Old 17th October 2005, 11:26 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tweeker
$279 for one, $179 for a second, dont know if still are.

I didn't pay near that

extension on the apollo's is to at least 7khz... WELL

the TD series I have sound fantastic full range... with extension easily past 3khz
Old 17th October 2005, 11:34 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Lambda TD10H
Vas 68 Liters
Cms 0.4 mm/N
Mms 83 grams
Sd 345 cm2
Rms 3.0 Kg/S
Bl 20.4 T/m
Re 6.5 ohms
Z 8 ohms