Rumble in a song making my woofers move stupidly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was listening to a song and I noticed that my woofers were moving oddly - as in, moving in and out in the order of about 2 or 3Hz, roughly in time with the music. This was from an mp3. They sounded fine, they weren't bottoming out or distorting, although this concerned me so I turned off the song. Were my woofers enduring huge amounts of power for no reason? Was the actual amplitude of the rumble low but causing my woofers to excurt quite a lot due to its very low frequency? I'm really worried that their voice coils got unessecarily hot and somehow got damaged. I wasn't even listening at particularly high levels.

BTW The song in question was Michael Jackson - Don't stop 'Til You Get Enough

richie00boy said:
The MP3 was recorded by somebody with a vinyl setup, and not a great one at that. Buy the album on CD and encode it yourself :)

It sounded awfully clean for vinyl, but what do I know, I'm too young to have experienced proper records :clown:

Do you think my speakers could have overheated from this? I'm sure they would move more if I put, say, a 3v battery accross their terminals, and that's not an awful lot of power through 8 ohms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.