Theoretical sub/sat integation question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let's say I have a subwoofer that I'm trying to integrate with sealed satellites, that have a 2nd order rolloff at 80hz with a q of .7. Let's also say that I am using an outboard symmetrical 3rd order low/highpass active crossover at 100hz for both the subwoofer and the satellites.

For this example lets assume that the subwoofers top end response is perfectly flat and extended (ie won't interfere with the lowpass function). As I understand it, the response of the sealed, highpassed satellites would show a 3rd order rolloff starting at 100hz (electrical), increasing to 5th order below 80hz (electrical + acoustic). Now, the problem is matching this with the subwoofer.

Since the subwoofer also has a variable frequency 2nd order active lowpass of its own on the plate amp (let's assume this also has a Q of .7) - can I set this low pass to 80hz to match the satellites' acoustic rolloff at 80hz? It seems to me that this would give theoretically a symmetrical roll-off for the sub and satellites that should sum flat. I'm wondering

1) if my theoretical understanding is correct here, and
2)if there are practical problems with this setup that complicate integration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.