Hidden subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm planning to realise a subwoofer box for my sound system: my idea was to place the sub under my sofa, in manner to hide it.
The sofa is 2,5 m long, and almost 1 meter deep.
The big problem is that the free space under it is really low, about 16 cm (6.3").
I have two 8" and one 10" drivers, my idea is to use the two smallest ones in parallel, side by side, in a vented box.
So, in you opinion, a box so "flat", can work fine?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I made some calculation win WinISD and it should work down to 30 Hz, but I'm afraid its shape...

Ciao,
Giovanni

Hi there Giovanni,

I recently built a very slim sub designed to sit against a wall. It would be just as happy under a sofa.
Its dimensions were: 90 litre 3.2cu.ft enclosure 1130H * 200D * 590W.
This is quite close to what you were considering, so you might like to have a look. There's more detail and pics at:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/bcolliso/slim-jim.htm
It had a single 10" driver, two 90mm side-firing ports and an 80w amp and performs quite well!

regards
Collo

Attachments

• slimbo.jpeg
    slimbo.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 300
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.