Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TITANIC 15" MKIII SUBWOOFER vented enclosure
TITANIC 15" MKIII SUBWOOFER vented enclosure
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2005, 03:26 AM   #1
oachalon is offline oachalon  United States
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Default TITANIC 15" MKIII SUBWOOFER vented enclosure

Alright im pretty sure im going to go with the DAYTON 15" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER and either the parts express 250watt plate amp or the 300 watt bash amp they have. My question is what size vented enclosure and what tuning frequency should the enclosure i build be that will push this sub to full output with only 250-300 watts. This sub will be used for movies I say 85% if the time and the other 15% for music. Also this sub will be in the basement with a concrete floor with carpet over top.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2005, 04:47 AM   #2
simon5 is offline simon5  Canada
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Québec, Québec
It's hard to push that subwoofer to use all the excursion with 250-300W.

You could use 300W and a 10 cu.ft internal net box with a single full length Precision Port 4 inches diameter tube. That would tune it around 13 Hz and use about 18 mm out of 20.5 mm of linear excursion.

You can also build a smaller box or tune it higher for more SPL.
DIYaudio for President !
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2005, 04:58 AM   #3
Cloth Ears is offline Cloth Ears  Australia
diyAudio Member
Cloth Ears's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
You could do worse than have a look at the Rythmik Audio amp (at http://www.rythmikaudio.com/nonservo_product.htm) as it's got some pretty good high-pass roll-off options. And the Dayton sub amps from PE have a good single-band parametric EQ which could also be valuable (and 500w for under $300 isn't bad).
"It is impossible to build a fool proof system; because fools are so ingenious."
  Reply With Quote


TITANIC 15" MKIII SUBWOOFER vented enclosureHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titanic Sub 12" MKiii gengis Swap Meet 5 24th November 2006 02:34 PM
faceplate 15" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER chainenoble Subwoofers 1 16th April 2006 02:26 AM
Titanic MkIII 15" Wingfeather Subwoofers 10 8th November 2004 06:36 AM
Recommendation of 2 cu. ft. enclosure for Titanic 12" MKIII and Rythmik 350W Amp AVaholic Subwoofers 0 15th January 2004 06:48 PM
12" Titanic Mkiii Subwoofer Kit NicolasGaal Subwoofers 9 1st January 2004 02:39 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 16.67%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio