Has Adire Gotten Lost?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have a link but I can run you down a quick list of what our Exodus branded product is going to sell for.

CX-12: XBL^2 and 18mm of excursion: $165

CX-15: XBL^2 and 18mm of excursion $175

EX-12: Parameters allow same use as CX-12 but the design has 28mm of excursion $295

EX-15: Parameters allow same use as EX-15 but the design has 28mm of excursion $305

We will also stock the 15" Tumult which will sell for $599 shipped.

Boy am I glad I found this thread!

I'm a n00b to building subs and just couldn't reconcile all the Adire fans with the dearth of information on their website and lack of any product availability.

This is a very reassuring thread. :cool:

On a side note: is there any chance they'll come down in price for their subwoofer amps? I really like the idea of a built in LT on the plate amp, but given the price differential I can't convince myself to go with an ADA amp over a Parts Express amp and an outboard LT circuit.

No chance that the price on the ADA amps will come down. They hand assemble those babies in Seattle and they are not cheap to make. It does have the benefit of more flexibility and a built-in parametric EQ which makes it worth the premium in my opinion.

Another choice....

Rythmic offers a LT in a plate amp at a cheaper price though. They source a Chinese made (Vistar I believe) plate amp and have a LT circuit added. As Chinese made plate amps go they match their ratings (many don't) and we may offer them for sale once we have drivers. They are a natural combination for a little primium over the PE amp with a lot more features. I think the 350W model is $159 and the LT circuit another $40.

Kevin.... Do you still have some of adire's old stock of drivers? I heard you say Tumults, and the reason I ask is because I have a "old" tumult (which is really less than a year old) and when I bought it my intentions were to eventually buy another and have two. If you have the old version of tumult I'll take one off your hands for even 600shipped in a week or two. If I cant find another matching driver I may just have to sell it and get a pair of the new ones. I think I'd go for 18 inchers tho

I have one of the "old" Tumults but it's installed in a subwoofer. I'd sell it to you as a b-stock if your interested. Same warrantee as new and cosmetically it's good as new outside of the typical mounting scuffs around the screw holes.

That is the only driver I have left from the old lineup.

Bstock? I dont mind used as long as it isnt damaged... Scuffs from mounting are no big deal really unless they're horridly bad or something. My sub has a few scrathes on the basket from mounting it magnet out and the drill's chuck gears hit the frame, but it happens. Yes, definately I'm interested. If you'd like you can email me about price and shipping. The soonest I could get it would be this coming friday though, but I'd probably wait til the friday after so I'm not completely broke. Hope that isnt a problem.

Kevin,

Thanks for the timely info!

I hope you'll stop in at this thread when you have any driver updates that we're drooling for.

The CX and EX drivers sound like excellent DIY stuff. Thanks again for the info.

Bosso

P.S.

I may have a couple of very low hours Tumults around here myself, as well as Brahma 12"ers and 15"ers. bossobass@aol.com

If anyone's interested, I'll look around and take inventory. Drop me a line.

Well... here are some updates.

I have drivers. I'm still waiting on the magnet boots and some shipping materials before we release the drivers.

Early testing and destructive testing looking promising. I run the drivers at full excursion with a variable 20Hz-30Hz sine wave for break-in. The suspension limits travel when the spider starts to lock up. It is a soft bottom because the spider starts to "tick" when reaching it's limit. Wiggins used a beefy nomex spider on these that is much tougher than what was used on the old products.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

CX-12 Parameters

Fs: 19.8 Hz
Qts: 0.40
Qms: 8.02
Qes: 0.421
Vas: 146.8L
EBP: 47.1
Sd: 460 cm^2
Xmax: 18.67mm
Vd: 1717.6 cm^3
Xmech: 26mm
SPL: 86.2 db
Re: 2.89
Le: 1.71mH

The CX-15 is just the big brother. The motor is essentially the same. The parameters are aimed at the original Adire Audio Tempest which does well in both ported and sealed designs.

Fs: 17.5 Hz
Qts: 0.403
Qms: 11.37
Qes: 0.418
Vas: 320.5L
EBP: 47.1
Sd: 760 cm^2
Xmax: 19.02mm
Vd: 2890.6 cm^3
Xmech: 25.75mm
SPL: 88.0 db
Re: 3.04
Le: 4.63mH

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Oh.... I should mention the EX Series also. I don't have pictures yet but they look identical to the CX Series with the exception of a slightly deeper motor.

The EX-12 is designed to fit the exact same enclosures as the CX-12 but it has an extra 16mm of p-p excursion. Works great in a ported 3ft^3 cabinet for reference levels from 20Hz and up.

The EX-12 Parameters:

Fs: 20 Hz
Qms: 11.33
Qes: 0.435
Qts: 0.418
Vas: 73.4
EBP: 46.2
Sd: 460cm^2
Xmax: 25.65mm one-way
Vd: 2360 cm^3
SPL: 83db
Xmech: 37.75mm one-way
Re: 3.47 Ohms

The EX-15 is follows the same concept as the EX-12. The parameters are such that it can be used in the same size enclosures as the CX-15 yet it has more excursion.

Parameters on the EX-15:

Fs: 18.6Hz
Qms: 12.19
Qes: 0.468
Qts: 0.451
Vas: 200.3L
EBP: 39.9
Sd: 760cm^2
Xmax: 26.65mm
Vd: 3899.4 cm^3
SPL: 86.3db
Xmech: 37.75mm
Re: 3.47 Ohms

Prices are still not set in stone. I'm waiting on final pricing for the magnet boots and packaging.

Estimated prices:

CX-12 $165
CX-15 $185
EX-12 $275
EX-15 $299

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.