How much bass from four sealed Shivas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the process of designing a dipole speaker much like the Orion or will be taking the route of the awesome Dayton RS dipole that Monte Kay built. As far as adding some low end to the dipoles I was thinking of building two dual sealed Shiva subs (I have 4 collecting dust) and EQing the low end with a Behringer BFD. I'd like to cut the dipoles off at 50-40hz and let the Shivas take over from there, probably with a 24db L/R filter. Essentially I'd like flat response down to at least 20hz. My room is 20x14 and I will be using a Crown XLS402A amplifier, which will do 400x2 at 4 ohms. Do you feel this is obtainable?

Thanks!

Yes, I will be adding EQ to them with the Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro. I really don't want to have to port them, due to a much larger box and sound I don't care for, but I would love for them to be able to handle both music and HT responsibilities very well.

Do you feel 20hz is a good thing to shoot for, or would 25 fair almost as well?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.