commercial high-power transconductance amplifier!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002

Constant current source . . . ? ? ?

My understanding is . . .
Transconductance amplifier (current amplifier) means that output current is proportional to input voltage while voltage amplifier means that output voltage is proportional to input voltage . . .

Regards
jH

jh6you said:

Constant current source . . . ? ? ?

My understanding is . . .
Transconductance amplifier (current amplifier) means that output current is proportional to input voltage while voltage amplifier means that output voltage is proportional to input voltage . . .

Regards
jH

Your understanding is correct... and it is called a ccs for that reason... The important thing I would point out to you however is that these amps have little or no damping and damping is what stops or reverses a speaker according to the signal put into it to prevent overshooting...

I did a couple of rather crude writeups on this if you woud like to see them, just beware of the elitest hype...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: commercial high-power transconductance amplifier!

rnrss said:
Actually CCS amp add other nonlinearities, overshoot duu to no damping...

This is only true if the speaker unit has inadequate internal damping -- which describes most speakers available. Fortunately there are some very good drivers with adequate mechanical damping that work best with CCS amps.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.