Sonotube questions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I finally have all the stuff required to start my sonosub, :)
But have a couple of questions before I start construction. I was able to find a small piece, 16"dia. x 26" tall, of sonotube at my local builders supply house. the question I have regarding this piece is that there is an area about the size of a half dollar that seems to be "soft". It is about midway between the two ends, so I will not be able to trim it out when I cut the sonotube down(20")
There are no visible defects from the inside or out.

1. Should I presume this piece of sonotube to be defective and just get another piece when my supply house gets some more 16".

I had planned on shooting the interior with 2 cans of CAE VB-1Spro.

I was going to use simple yellow glue, TitebondII, to glue my endcaps, but have read alot recently about people using Liquid Nails.

2. Is liquid nails a better option, or no difference. TIA

1. Should I presume this piece of sonotube to be defective and just get another piece when my supply house gets some more 16".
If you can cut it out it's not a problem

I had planned on shooting the interior with 2 cans of CAE V-1Spro.
Save your money

I was going to use simple yellow glue, TitebondII, to glue my endcaps, but have read alot recently about people using Liquid Nails.

2. Is liquid nails a better option, or no difference. TIA
Use liquid nails to glue the endcaps to the tube. Use Titebond to laminate up layers of material to make the endcaps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.