Subwoofer Enclosure project PG Xenon 10XD2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, this is a subwoofer enclosure I designed / am working on. Seems like just a box.. but there's actually more too it. In this design there are two Aesymmetrical braces. The reason for them both being aesymmetrical is to cut down on box resonance. while that isn't usually a problem for subwoofer wavelengths, it helps increase efficiency nonetheless. A box with a symmetrical.. I think there's only 1 M there but whatever i'll stick with it... brace will actually be more likely to resonante and create a two node system. This prevents that as well.

The box is 1.55 cubic feet internally after driver / brace displacement. It weighs about 40 lbs with no stuffing / subwoofer. The subwoofer itself weighs 21 lbs.. So the box will weigh ~61 lbs when it's done... woof indeed.

It is designed for 2.2 stereo usage in a home theater environment for a very tight musical subwoofer. The sub itself is a Phoenix Gold Xenon 10xd2 with a Mackie 1400i 1,400 watt rms pro audio amplifier. Should sound awesome when it's in its new home.

The box is actually complete now, but my camera has focusing issues when it's dark, and the lights in my garage aren't enough. So I'll take a pic tomorrow morning after I sand it off, and prime it for painting =).

Attachments

• dscf0009x.jpg
    dscf0009x.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.