Need help in T/S parameters for indian made subwoofers.. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th May 2005, 03:29 PM   #1
venki is offline venki  India
diyAudio Member

Question Need help in T/S parameters for indian made subwoofers..

Hi,

I am new to this forum infact this my fist post. I am from southern india here it is very difficult to find a branded speaker. I managed to get some which had some brand name. Everytime I measure the T/S parameter of the drivers (using my pc) I get the Qts above 1. i dont know whether it is the problem with my sound card. So if any of you guys have actually measured the T/S parameter of YP (Tamilnadu based company) 8" sub or Dainty 6" sub, please let me know.

Thanks,
Venki.
Old 25th May 2005, 10:39 PM   #2
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Greets!

Last year someone sent me measured specs for several Dainty LF/sub drivers in an Excel spreadsheet, though 8" is the smallest. Send me an email for the winzip file.

GM
Old 26th May 2005, 03:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanx GM, by the way have used any of these speakers(i mean dainty)? how is the sound quality? i am planning to build a horn subwoofer (front loaded)

venki
Old 26th May 2005, 04:15 PM   #4
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Greets!

Don't have a clue, he/she? sent me the specs and I did a sim, which apparently I didn't save since AFAIK this brand isn't available in the USA. I'm curious, do you have access to the Indian made Peerless, which is available here?

GM
Old 27th May 2005, 05:42 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi GM,

The is southern part of india. I dont think we will get peerless speaker here. Infact I just send an email to info@peerlessaudio.com to get info about how I can purchase one. The have there office in Mumbai. If I get hold of i will let you know.

Thanx,
Venki
Old 27th May 2005, 06:10 PM   #6
Vivek is offline Vivek  India
diyAudio Member

Peerless India makes drivers only for OEM customers. Some surplus stock might be available in India, particularly Mumbai and Chennai.

I prefer the sound of the Boltons as compared to the Dainty woofers. I made a sub with two Boltons mounted on opposite ends of the box.

Venki, if you want Vifa drivers check out www.corrson.com I bought them Vifas. They are just superb.

Cheers,
Vivek
Old 30th May 2005, 08:06 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hello Vivek,

Thank for the link. It is really useful for people like me who is new to subwoofer designing. I have made few boxes and but i didnt design it i just made it. I am planning to make a 3-way system. But i have no experience with it. yesterday I purhased two dainty SW801 woofers and two MH0508G midrange. I got the specs for the SW801 from GM(thanx to him).
The qts for SW801 is .611. I have seen in some websites that the best enclosure for a spk with qts >.5 is a sealed one.
Is it something to do with the clarity of sound been reproduced.
I plan to make a vented box using this driver. Will this affect the quality anyway?

Thanx,
venki
Old 14th June 2005, 04:54 AM   #8
Sashi is offline Sashi  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The qts for SW801 is .611.
Hey Venki,
Don't rely too much on standard specs with the likes of Dainty.A friend had bought a couple of SW801's long back and recently we measured the specs.One came up with a 0.96 qts and the other with 0.81.So I guess every Dainty is unique and your measurement(Qts~1) may well be correct.So I suggest do a thorough t\s measurement and simulate in WinISd.You may try a tr line design or an MLTQWT.
Btw how much did they cost?
Cheers.
Old 15th June 2005, 08:12 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

hello sasi,

Anyway i have started with the cabinet design (i am done with box parts i have to just assemble it ) The SW801 is very cheap it cost me Rs 325/- a piece.

venki.
Old 15th June 2005, 12:58 PM   #10
Sashi is offline Sashi  India
diyAudio Member

OK then,good luck and keep us posted.

Hide this!Advertise here!