Subwoofer box for a Xenon x10d2. Need Suggestions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm building a new box for my sub. The .85 cf box that it's in now is pretty low quality and the sound leaves something to be desired.

The sub will be used in a home theater setting, mainly for music listening.

I have two sets of specs for the driver, apparently it changes a lot after the breakin period (which has allready occured). Here are the T/s Parameters after the breakin period.

Xenon x10d2
fs - 18.7 hz (probably closer to 20-22)
Re - 3.46 ohms
Qms - 30.19
Qes - 0.43
Qts - 0.42
vas - 43.9 liters
mms - 277.7 grams
CMS - 260 uM/Newton
BL - 16.3 Tesla-M
SPL - 85.31 db
SD - 346.4 sq cm
Xmax - 40mm peak to peak

I'm still debating between sealed or ported. The Qes/Qts makes me think I should go sealed, but I'm not sure.

I want great transient response, but I also want to get good extension into the 20's. My best bet might be a sealed box with some sort of bass processor to add gain to the 18-27 hz range. Like a linkwitz transform or something to dull the 30-45hz range. (suggestions on a good bass processor to use?).

On the other end I could go with a ported design with really low tuning, but I'm not sure that's what I want as it would lower the transient response of the sub... I basically want the most musical sub with the most extension I can get... The driver's definitely capable, even in the state it's in now many of the people I have over

Power efficiency's not a problem though, I'm using a 1400 watt RMS amplifier (mackie 1400i) bridged.

I just can't make up my mind on the sealed vs ported end of things.

I'll be crossing over with my mains at about 65 hz.

I think I'll probably go with a sealed box because I can't get a straight answer out of them about what the actual parameters are. But I want to give it a boost of 6 db's at 20 hz.

Any reccomendations for a bass equalizer? (cheap) I don't even have to boost the 20 if I can down the 40-65.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.