isobaric damping..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Use a spacer to ensure that they do not touch. Try a ring of MDF or something similar, sealed with weatherstripping or silicone that has cured before installing the ring. easier yet, install one driver inside and one driver outside and the cabinet itself keeps the two apart. Carpet underpadding here is a little silly.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Stocker said:
easier yet, install one driver inside and one driver outside and the cabinet itself keeps the two apart.

That is how i plan on doing it... it does mean a panel has to be removable which is a different complication.

In my case i'm working on figuring out the logistic of mounting 4 12s in a push-pull-push-push isobarik... probably a removable bottom panel.

dave

Hi Dave,

I don't want to go for 4 x 12s, but am pretty curious what kind of layout you were thinking of.

Oh, I am considering a TL with 2 x 12s, but also don't know yet what be the best configuration.

Best regards,

Caratje

Attachments

• abcde.jpg
    abcde.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 233
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
caratje said:
but am pretty curious what kind of layout you were thinking of.

Oh, I am considering a TL with 2 x 12s, but also don't know yet what be the best configuration.

B would be my 1st choice, C if the drivers excursion wasn't very linear.

My arrangement attached. I know that a pr of these drivers work well in a 2.5 ft^3 aperiodic box, so i'm currently pointed at a ~1.5 ft^3 box for this... but we'll see once i get a set of 8 selected from my stash (17 drivers so far i believe)

dave

Attachments

• push-pull-push-push.gif
    push-pull-push-push.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 178
Hi Dave,

Don't you think A will have a broader optimum, with two unequal offsets? (given MJ King's modelling) Or you assume that simply more pushing power at the optimum offset is more important/effective?

Oh, with a pipe construction it is easier to make a TL with two woofers using an identical offset (very small), but if you make wooden/MDF cabinet, two different offset might even be easier. I have also seen design, basically using two separated TLs with slightly different length/offset.

Best regards,

Caratje

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.