Audio Drive Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just purchased a 10" sub from ebay, item no. 5761788987
10" Sub

for £15, ebay ad is as below.

"Your chance to purchase a superb 10" 100W sub woofer sheilded loudspeakers. These speakers were used in the original REL Quake that was exported into Europe prior to the launch of the 8" Quake. These speakers are brand new in thier original packaging and have never been loaded into a cabinet. They will of course make an excellent bass driver in a conventyional speaker set-up.

Brief Spec:-

Baffle Cutout hole Dia: 220mm
Nominal Power: 100W RMS
Nominal Imp: 8 Ohms
Fs: 32Hz
Freq range: 32hz to 4khz
Voice Coil Former: Aluminium
Voive Coil Dia: 50.5..
Sens.: 91db
Qms: 2.30
Qes: 0.35
Qts: 0.30
Mms: 27g
Sd: 346 Cm2
Vas: 40L
"

Audio Drive 10-100-ssb

I can't find any information after googling.

Bk electronics has an empty link on its page to audio drive products, and the ad said that the driver was from the old rel quake.

I'd like to build a small (and it models v small in win isd) subwoofer to use with some ancient russian sealed speakers.

So.

Does anyone have any info on this driver, the manufacturer or can help in anyway, as you can probably guess this is a budget project

so the amp i will buy is going to be the farnell/cpc 250w plate amp @ CPC 250w Plate Amp

Also could i use an equalizer circuit like that on the ESP website

Elliot Sound Products Sub Equalizer

[so the amp i will buy is going to be the farnell/cpc 250w plate amp @ CPC 250w Plate Amp

Also could i use an equalizer circuit like that on the ESP website

Elliot Sound Products Sub Equalizer [/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen other sub amps that look exactly like that one, and even used it in a couple of the ones I built for friends. No problems with it that I know of.

The Sub equalizer you link to appears to be a Linkwitz transform circuit and you can get the plans for it for free here:http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/eq/linktran.htm

High there,

This is my first posting, but I spotted that you bought some of these udio Drive units when I googled the model number. I have just bought a pair as well, and incidently so have several other people on ebay recently. Did you manage to find anything out about these drive units. I have just had a colleague have a look at the parameters with a bit of software and they don't appear to be self consistent. So if anyone has got hold of any further information, I would appreciate the knowledge.

Cheers

Nigel

me too

nigelr800 said:
High there,

This is my first posting, but I spotted that you bought some of these udio Drive units when I googled the model number. I have just bought a pair as well, and incidently so have several other people on ebay recently. Did you manage to find anything out about these drive units. I have just had a colleague have a look at the parameters with a bit of software and they don't appear to be self consistent. So if anyone has got hold of any further information, I would appreciate the knowledge.

Cheers

Nigel

hmm, me too on a whim ...thinking they'd be ideal for a first sub project. So none have heard of them? Was it a con?

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
I'll take a look at the consistency of the numbers using freeware DOS BoxModel, which was written by Bob White, a member here. That checks these numbers automatically.

I checked the BK site through archive.org, and they had that link, although dead, back to 2005. So it surely was genuine driver.

My guess is that BK put the link anticipating carrying the product but the deal fell through for some reason. But I have no doubt Audio Drive is a real manufacturer. Perhaps they sell to the industry only.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
The sensitivity comes out to 87 dB instead of 91 dB, (I've seen worse), and the Mms is 103 grams instead of the listed 27 grams.

The spec I am having trouble believing is that Vas, I would think it would be closer to 80 liters than 40. The Mms spec would still be off, (52 g instead of 27 g), but the other numbers would all fall into place.

If you already have the woofer, it is easy enough to test it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.