AV to non-powered sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a problem. I have a SONY AV unit which is fantastic for all my audio needs and i bought some new speakers to go with it as my old ones were not cutting it anymore.
To cut a long story short... my AV unit has a seperate phono connector for the sub-woofer and my new sub is connected using two core speaker cable!
I need to build a small amp to convert the signal between the two so that i can have the sub working. I dont want to use the amp that came with the speaker system.

Can someone help....i dont mind building a small intermediate converter amp unit as long as i have the schematics etc.....

PLEASE PLEASE help....my system just does not sound as good as i was hoping for it to do!

Cheers

Dax

Might just be easier and cheaper to find a small mono power amp on eBay, probably don't need a very powerful one to drive the sub. What's wrong with the amp that came with the speakers? Anyways, you might want to check other forums, like the chip amps section, I believe those guys may be able to help you a lot better (than me anyways) if you're really wanting to build your own amp. Otherwise, check out this website, he's got a number of projects listed, a few of which are small amps that may do what you need. Good luck man.

http://sound.westhost.com/p-list.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.