visaton w200s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anybody tell is this speaker more power than 75gdn?
What is 75gdn? A product/chassis?

You should be aware of that it´s not only about power.
IMO you could easily fill your room with some serious bass as it is not very big.
You should think more about the in-room response of your sub and room-resonances than just power or SPL-output.
You might even get a better response with a sealed sub.
Go ahead and see what people at the Visaton-forum think about it.
Many there that have built that especial sub.

Do you want to use the sub for HT or music?
Which other speakers do you use?

greets

Most, I want to use my sub for music like techno, trance, club etc.
I'm thinking of doing vented box, not sealed, because it produces more bass
I know, that in sealed box, spekers sounds better, but as I'm teenager, I like much bass :D
Nowadays, I don't have any speakers, because I've sold out all my humble system. Now, I'm trying little by little to get all the proper system.

Will you buy a subwoofer plate amp or build an active crossover for your sub?

If you´re looking for a cheap but good subwoofer chassis you can have a look at the Raveland TW-3000.(~36€)
It´s what I use (sealed in 40lwith a highpass cap) and it works nice down to 30Hz which is all I need for any kind of music.

I've done a bandpass box using this driver, it performs well up to the day, you can seach forum for the pics and info. You can build vented sub with that driver, but making it go LOW (like 35hz) is problematic because it's a 8".

75GDN is not a bad driver, its 10", has Qts of around 0.3-0.4, Vas around 70l and Fs around 30hz, problem with it is that every driver is "unique" i.e. parameters vary from driver to driver, ppl even said "Every 75GDN is individual as women on Earth"

P.S. Today I'm looking forward something serious like LAB12, I want better sound than from bandpass, although it performs very good on techno and DnB.

Yes, I have seen your photos before. It's really nice work. Finally, I made my sub two days ago and what can I say? Basses are soft, deep enough, but it could be deeper :D . But listening to music I can hear crackles or something from middles. Fortunately, I'm going to place a filter to 200Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.