wiring nady amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have an easy question probably. I bought a nady XA-900 amplifer to power my sub. I want it to go to bridged mono mode, and I have everything figured out except where I put the speaker wires. Do i use Channel A and B positives, negatives, or what? Please help if you know. Thanks.

RTFM :D

http://www.htd.fr/PDF/Manuels et fiche technique/Nady/XAseriesman.pdf

• Bridged Mono Mode
To put the amplifier in bridged mono mode, turn the amplifier off and slide the MODE SELECTOR SWITCH (13) toward the top
“BRIDGED” position and properly connect the input/output wiring as shown. The signal is input into CH-A. Keep the level control of
channel “B” turned completely down (counter clock wise).
(Note: Do not connect a speaker load of less than 4 ohms as it can damage your amplifier.)
(Note: This mode produces a large amount of power. Be sure that your wiring and speaker can handle it.)

In short, power off the amp, imput the signal only in channel A, turn the gain down on channel B imput, select bridged mode, then connect the speaker terminals on channel A + and - output, don't use channel B output.

I have a Nady XA-1100 and always thought that you had to connect the speaker to the + terminals of both the L/R channels to get bridged mono.

If you look at the diagram of the amplifier circuit, it shows the output of Channel A being inverted and fed to the input of Channel B. This would mean you would need to use both positive connectors of each channel. I have hooked mine up that way and it worked fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.