Servo Drive Sub woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm curious if there is a plan or schematic for a servodriven woofer. I'm talking about one that actually uses an actuater attached to the cone to get the push/pull motion. I also wonder about parts.

I know that a company called Servodrive builds subwoofers based on this principle. My idea is to experiment with this design with smaller speakers 10" and 12" and use them in full range 3 way cabinets.

Does anyone know where I can find drawings and parts for this type design? I confess that I'm a real newbie at this and my knowledge and experience is limited at best and is closer to non-exisistant.

Thanks for your replies and help. :)

doesnt the servodrive website have a drawing? if not, basically it works on the same concept as an auto engine's piston in reverse. you're converting rotation into pistonic movement.

While rotation is harmonic in 2 dimensions, pistonic is only harmoic in one. I believe the motors' armature actually twists one way then the other in this design and thus requires a low inertia moter.

I want to try a design using a flywheel and a piston system to make high intensity infrasound where the motor continuously turns.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.