Repairable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 8" no name sub that sounds pretty good but i noticed today that there is a tear in (excuse me for not knowing proper terminology) the rubber part around the outside of the cone which connects it to the frame of the woofer. it is a rather small tear maybe 1/2" long at the most. i know there is probably nothing that can repair it all together but i was just wondering if there is some sort of temporary fix that will at least keep the tear from getting any bigger.

:D out of the 3 suggestions l would say the shoe goo and the silicon sounds about the most promising IMHO,[ provided you can get them to film over the split and let them set , holding the joint together with tape from the rear to facilitate you doing this] {in this instance silicon probably would be the most durable} just 2 oz cents worth having played around with speakers replacing surrounds and doing gen speaker repair for a number of years, in any event hot melt is definitely out of the question it would'nt hold at all for the very reason posted above it would become brittle with time and drop off:whazzat:, good luck cheers TC :angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.