My 1st SUB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I all. It's my first post ! for my first sub.
I ve fly along this nice forum. After that here is some question.

I would like to make a good SUB Woofer HI-FI quality. With extreme bass. (i very enjoy if i can reach 20-25Hz)

1 - A horn BASS like Adrian or a 4th order bandpass System
Wich one is more under in hertz ?
Wich one is better for sound good and quality?

2 - Driver : 0ne 15" or two 10" ?
( in my town i see a lot of boomer, like US Blaster, Ghost. But my idea is that's only for SONO and not for hi-fi, is it right ?)

What did you think about thisone ATOHM or this one PEERLES

3 - Ampli and cross activ-filter. Today i have no more buck for a nice amp. So i would make one for some time, after i've get a much better one. My idea is like i see in this forum. Make a GainClone.
Is is a nice idea for a Sub ? or should i wait ?
Now for the 'bass filter' i've don't reach a link with a bass-filter for my dreamed stuff ! Is there anybody could drive me ?

:xeye: ...ok no news...from her :apathic:

So i take advance and i decided to make a SubWoofer with a 12'' Atohm driver here is the spec:

Sorry it is french :cannotbe:

Puissance admisible (RMS) 200 W
Puissance admissible en crête 600 W
Sensibilité 91.5db/2.83V/1M
Impédance nominale 4 ohms
Résistance au CC 3.5 ohms
Fréquence de résonnance 26.5 Hz
QTS 0.33
QES 0.35
QMS 5.75
Cms 0.33mm/N
Mms 102 gr
Vas 104 L
BL 13.2 N/A
Le 1.87 mH
Surface emissive 472 cm2
Diamètre bobine 50mm
Hauteur bobine 24mm
Hauteur entrefer 8mm
Densité de lux 10000 gauss
X-max linèaire +/-7mm
Excursion maxi en crête +/-10mm
Fréquence de coupure conseillée 500 Hz

With a 40liter Vent

Volontiers ! Je veut bien de ton aide :D

Il était pas 'super cher' , donc ça va. Enfin j'éspere quand même qu'il déménage un peu. Et puis c'est mon premier SubWoofer....enfin ce qui va s'en rapproche le plus.

J'aimerais le rendre 'ACTIF' donc rajouter un ampli a l'interieur.
Que pense tu du GainClone de Brian ? avec le LM4780 ? Est-ce suffisant pour ce caisson de bass ?

Merci

OK guys ! Sorry for this French Variation ! :xeye: :apathic:

So like Simon5 said to me...My driver seems to not be most powerfull for build a SubWoofer. After use and calculate with ISDLab, the frequency seems to be around 30Hz max low. :confused:

So i would try this config. !!! :hot:

For driving in this low Frequency (only 30Hz..not to bad for a first try ?) What kind of power should i use ? :eek:

Somewhere on http://www.linkwitzlab.com/page_index.htm I found an MS Excel sheet. It is part of his investigations for open baffle speakers, and cone excursion.
Even though it's intended for his math on SEAS (?) drivers, you can input the peoperties of any speaker, and it will tell you what sound level (SPL) you get at which cone excursion (yours was +/- 7 mm linear), and how much power is needed for that.

This might help you to find the right amplifier for your needs.

Jennice

:D Thanks a lot for those links !! I found my way on Linkwitz ! I've only flight this GREAT (now i know ;) ) website the first time !
I keep my calculate update in this topics when i assume the entire chapter of LinkWitz !! (is it right...what i am saying ?? :D )

No fears !! for the ported box 110liters ! :xeye:
I have cutted my MDF for the 40liters Vents for now and started to glue them ! so....in plan B i try to tuned more lower if it was not what i want to reach !

Here is a picture from ATOHM, builder of my 12" driver.
What did you think about that ?
I've change mm to inch for convenience except the L of tube 320mm is 125''.

Attachments

• 40liter.jpg
    40liter.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 129
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.