Sub enclosure opinions/facts/help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all.

I currently have a 12" shiva, in a sealed box.

I'm considering trying their 143l design, but, I have some questions.

What are everyones thoughts on a sonotube setup?

If I go with a sonotube setup, apart from keeping the same liters, I'm fairly certain I'd use the same length 4" vent, or, do I need to re-think the vent length?

Venting the sonotube, would one recomend placing the vent on the same endcap as the driver, or, the other end?

Lastly, are there any major drawbacks, such as more standing waves, etc... to the sonotube?

I like the idea of a sonotube, considering how rigid it can be, and how much easier it can be to build.

Sonotube is a great idea if you like the look and have the space for it.

You keep the same liters, but you need to take into account port volume and driver volume because these were taken into account in the 143 liters box.

You also keep the same port length with the same diameter if you want the same tuning frequency.

I would keep the vent on the same endcap like the original design, but probably someone here have more knowledge than me about this last part of your question.

There is no major drawbacks, you can even brace the sonotube to make it more rigid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.