Movies Bass Heads Love

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im Starting a List of movies with Wonderful Sound tracks as far as bass goes. Here are a few i enjoy.

Starwars Episode 1:
This Has a great Bass track. The Pod Races, The Explosions, The Fights. Ahh, i cant wait untill my tempest gets here so i can get to work on an enclosure that will hopefully give me wonderful subsonic bass extension.

Starwars Episode 2:
The sound guys outdid them selves agian.

The Matrix (all three):
The chopper scene in the first one is probebly the best. I had the honor of watching this movie in a firends dads THX certified personaly home theatre. He had some $4,000+ JBL subwoofer. I tell you that the chopper blades felt like they where beating me in the chest in the part where they pull down by the window and everything slows down. then the gun being fired did the same. When the chopper slams into the building and explodes the couch felt like it was going to colapse. The seconds is probably the worse of the three but then agian i havent gotten to experence it in my friends theatre either. The third is also amazing. When Neo is fighting in the end and he is hit and puts a huge crater in the ground the whole house was shaking. This is why you spend hundreds or even thousands on a great home stereo/theatre.

Pearl Harbor:
When Japan is attacking each bomb going off felt like it was putting a hole in my chest. Im luckey to have such a good friend who lets me watch these movies in his wonderful theatre.

Armogedon:
If you havent experenced this movie with ground shadering bass you havent lived.

Gone in 60 Seconds:
Every engine rocks the couch like you where sitting in a car with a carburated, big camed, big block muscle car.

Post your fav. bass movies.

Talking ONLY about the bass tracks, my list of demo material is:

Band of Brothers *
new Star Wars I, II*
Matrix I*, II, III
LOTR I*, II*, III*
Hulk
Daredevil
Blade II
Atlantis
Das Boot SE
Minority Report *
Gladiator *
Black Hawk Down *
Master & Commander

The ones with a star next to it are movies I can actually sit through, IE I'm not skipping forward to the few impressive scenes. The problem with these 'great bass' movies is that most of them are just bad movies (IMO of course), and I'm not in the habit of watching movies I don't enjoy just for the special effects.

I forgot about black hawk down. also, Behing Enemy Lines. I really love the THX certification sound. that sound there is when ever the THX is fading in on the screen. Nothing beats that. Finding Nemo is sapposed to have some massive bass in the whale scene. and monsters inc is sapposed to have some massive bass when boo screams. also, I forget the name of the movie, i think it is called crop circles. its about the aliens marking out earth, it has mel gibson in it. it has some good bass scenes.

Underworld and van helsing BOTH have SUPER hot bass centred around 25ish hz.

Day after tomorrow has some insane bass in the starting music and in the boat hitting the underwater bus.

Master and commander goes WAY into infrasound and its pretty hot too.

Ice age has some decent bass in the beggining when the ice cracks and when the two pieces slam together.

u-571 has some amazing bass in teh depth charges scenes

Jurrasic park of course, though theres a TON of infrasound, which can kill some of the lesser subs.

Im sure im forgetting a ton of them too.

Signs, thats it. lol i remembered because my friend though i had a signs poster on the wall in my room. it was really a Led Zepplin poster.
Ive hear alot about this U-571. i need to check it out. ive looked at some of the waterfall charts and there are a few 10-15Hz sections with amplitudes above 70.

Havn't seen measurements but Jurasic Park and the Matthew Brodrich Godzilla seem to have some decent low bass as I recall. I would think that most movies are mixed for 35 - 45 Hz bass as few systems can do much lower. I would think that some of the newer war movies with intense artillary scenes might have some good stuff. Pearl Harbor seemed like the attack scenes were pretty loud SPL but how low I don't know.

Off the top of my head, and not being a huge film watcher...

The Haunting, and all 3 LOTR titles have excellent sound with stunning bass, sometimes quite low.

The new Star Wars' series would be impressive if they didn't sound so rough. Maybe Lucas and the boys should sit down in front of Lord of the Rings and hear what good film sound is :clown:

"Soldier" - unusually good for a Kurt Russell film, and with impressive bass.

"Daylight" (Stallone) - average movie, great bass

"B.U.S.T.E.D." ("Everybody Loves Sunshine" in the UK) has very loud low bass in the music and effects; in the commentary the director says he wanted it to reflect the "sub-bass culture" of Manchester, and to shake and scare the audience.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.