XXLS - No Pole Piece Vent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
Just realised that the new XXLS range doesnt have a vole piece vent on the rear! Klippel were studying this and thought it was better also

Interesting stuff!

http://www.d-s-t.com/main/tech/xxls_intro.htm

E. Vented Cone
To eliminate compression under the dust cap the cone is vented by 8 large holes.
This way the coil is cooled and there is no need for a bore in the pole piece.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mike, Although this thread may not seem to be very thought provoaking, I just had a wonderful idea looking at the cutaway of the XXLS. I'd share it, but its not patented or anything.
But theres another idea. I know this forum is full of intellegent people and I'm sure some of them have patented ideas... I have quite a few ideas I'd like to patent, but I'm pretty clueless about how I would go about getting such a thing done. Maybe I'll start a thread about patenting ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.