Convert horn enclosure to sub enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built the recommended Fostex enclosure for a 206E, 8" single driver.Here's the enclosure for reference.

I have listened to the speaker for a few minutes and came to the sudden realization that full range single driver schemes aren't for me. I like my line arrays.

I would like to convert this to a bass speaker covering a range of ~40 to 200 Hz to augment the bass of the LA's consisting of 4" NSB's. The current sub I am using is kind of a commercial turd. This is not for HT but for music. I believe that I can re-engineer this box to accept a 10" woofer.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

My 8 element arrays actually measure quite flat from 125Hz anechoic, and I have them corner placed, so in room they run pretty flat to 80 Hz. I use them with a single Tuba 18, for which I have the LP filter set at 60 Hz, and they integrate quite well. My sub driver is the MCM 55-2421 eight, which of course I can only recommend when loaded in one of my horns. They're out of stock at the moment, as the guys who built AutoTubas cleaned them out, but they're got more coming and have increased the number they're stocking in the future to keep up with the demand created by Tuba builders.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.