What To Do With Peerless Sls 10" Woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What To Do With Peerless Sls 10" Woofers

have two Peerless SLS woofers (830668).
Can anyone help me with subwoofer box design that would be the best for these drivers.
You can see driver parameters PEERLESS SLS 830668 I would like to build two sealed subwoofers. I tried WINisd, but the frequency response goes down only to 37Hz.I know that this is sufficient for music use, but for HT ???
Is there any other design which would give fast and deep bass?
Thanks for info.

BillFitzmaurice said:
Go back to WinISD and model in 4th order sealed rear/vented front chamber boxes to go lower.

BTW, there is no such thing as fast/slow bass; that would require altering the speed of electrons passing through a conductive medium.

Electrons? The physics of air (molecules) is sufficient to analyze sound.

The question remains, what do people mean when they say "fast bass"? Words mean something if we agree to the meaning. Good transient response in the bass driver seems like the intuitive answer. But some expert (I can't recall who) said he thinks people generally use the expression to describe systems with low IM distortion in the low registers.

Re: What To Do With Peerless Sls 10" Woofers

Miha said:
have two Peerless SLS woofers (830668).
Can anyone help me with subwoofer box design that would be the best for these drivers.
You can see driver parameters PEERLESS SLS 830668 I would like to build two sealed subwoofers. I tried WINisd, but the frequency response goes down only to 37Hz.I know that this is sufficient for music use, but for HT ???
Is there any other design which would give fast and deep bass?
Thanks for info.

That's as low a theoretical F3 as you can get with that driver in a closed box. To go deeper without using EQ you will have to use a bigger box that's opened or vented in one of many possible ways. How big a box can you tolerate?

I was thinking about 95l ( 40 x 50 x 50 cm with bracing ). At diysubwoofers.org forum said that "ported version will put out over 100dB from below 20Hz and handle over 35W without exceeding xmax. The ported version will do MUCH better with HT material, handle more power and put out quite a bit more peak SPL."
OK I agree with that, but what about group delay and if I build ported enclosure, where should I place the port.
Would it be OK if I put it under the cabinet or is there any better option??
The other option was building a sealed enclousore with the same volume but equalized with parametric EQ ( berhinger ULTRA-Q PRO PEQ2200 or FEEDBACK DESTROYER PRO DSP1124P).But again according to diysubwoofers.org "the sealed and EQ'd version can only handle 28W at 25Hz for a maximum SPL of only 93dB."
Which way should I go????
Please help!
Sorry for bad english.
THX for replys, Miha.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.