Using "high-end" car subs for home?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paradise_Ice said:
I think you guys misunderstand what am saying at any rate, there are good subwoofers and not so good subwoofers, the Adire are good units, not all car subwoofers are equal so there is a vast difference between these units.

I don't think I'm misunderstanding you, at least I hope not. I think my post was actually a not very well stated implicit agreement with you.

I guess what I was thinking when I wrote what I wrote was that I did a lot of research before buying my car subs and decided on the Adires because they sounded good and were efficient. It was only later that I learned that they were not initially designed for car audio use but had been adapted for it.

My audio affliction began as a quest for loud car stereo. Fortunately I'm not easily satisfied (and I'm not nearly as young as most car audio guys seem to be). While researching car subs I noticed that most seemed to be discussed in terms of insanely high power. Class D amps that ostensibly produce 1000 W are not uncommon and subs that need it are not that rare.

My quest lead me to the Adire product because it had a reputation for sounding good and it turned out to be rather efficient. They get louder than you need with something like 300 W.

I guess what I'm ultimately getting at is that I'm not a bit surprised that car audio in generally is grossly mis-represented. Advertising is a powerful tool. Used by unscrupulous people to manipulate those who don't know any better it can be quite evil.

I should be working...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.