Peerless (India) Sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bolton Drivers

navin said:
1. wow 16 ohms drivers!
2. Flux Density in Gauss? (usually this is quoted in Tesla)
3. also i notice that for the 8/10/12" models the power handling and sens. increase is this correct.

Navin,

Ignore all the specs after the 3rd column. The list is only to get an idea on the model numbers and the type of cone used. You need to take all the measurements yourself.

As for the OD for the 8 inch driver, it is 8 inches.

Angshu

angshudas said:
It is 203.2mm, exactly 8 inches.
One of the things I've discovered about Bolton drivers after getting them 16SJW22s is that Monga Sahib characterises driver diameters based on the measurement of the outer rim of the mounting flange, i.e. the largest physical circle you can get on a driver. Other manufacturers seem to characterise driver diameters based on the dia of the moving cone. No such hanky panky here, thank you sir! With Bolton, what you see, literally, is what you get. :D

Hi,
I know this thread has gone haywire and we are discussing everything under the sun but the Peerless (India) Sub as titled. But since I had a lot of doubts whether my Denon AVR 1403 can handle 4 ohm loads and this was discussed on this thread, let me settle the matter here. I was going through the receiver manual and I found this on one of the pages.
To quote: ``The protector circuit may be activated if the set is played for long periods of time at high volumes when speakers with an impedance lower than the specified impedance i.e 6 to 16 ohm (for example speakers with an impedance of lower than 4 ohm) are connected. If the protector circuit is activated, the speaker output is cut off. Turn off the set's power, wait for the set to cool down, improve the ventilation around the set and then turn the power back on.''

That clears things up, does it not?

Cheers,
Vivek

Bolton makes quite a few 10 inch 12 inch sub woofers. The fs is in the range of 27-29Hz, but the Q is quite high, above 0.6. I would prefer the Peerless India drivers, but supply is so erratic, where as you are assured delivery of the Bolton drivers.
Angshu

Boltons don't have dome tweeters that's what they said to me. well I will find and upload my tele conversation with the MFG. I spoke to them one and half year ago.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.