best woofer for tham12, i tried with rcf midbass..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is the cone that spins morein tham 12?
I recommend a woofer ch pushes well, I will use it with a powersoft of 1000w.

I did some tests:
I had a 500w Chinese class d module and a rcf mb12n351 at home, but the result is really poor!
comparing with the 12ps100 of martinsson the answer seems the same ..
ps100_vs_rcf.png

but by simulating a 500w amplifier, things change, I think the 6mm excursion arrives
max_pw.png

moreover, often if I do not go with a hard limiter, I hear pop maybe due to over-excursion ..
however, even the original b & c in the simulation has over excursions:
cd_bc.png

I simulated the 12hp1030, how do you think?

f.png

What are your input parameters to get this sim - As Djim suggested try the input parameters in the link
The results you are showing suggest that this tiny box and driver will produce 122 - 126dB
with the limits you have set - What is it about that result that you consider poor?

I used the parameters taken from the blog of mr. Martinsson:
THAM12_FINAL_HRINPUT.jpg

I noticed that compared to the link you posted they are different!
I think the simulated db are not there at all, it will be the fault of the Chinese amplifier? or is it the inadequate cone?

I use the bass section of this amplifier:
Bordo Amplificatore Altoparlante a 2 vie gamma completa RMS 600 W Classe D Amplificatore Piastra Costruito in modulo DSP con Alluminio radiatore in Bordo Amplificatore Altoparlante a 2 vie gamma completa RMS 600 W Classe D Amplificatore Piastra Costruito in modulo DSP con Alluminio radiatoreda Amplificatore su AliExpress.com | Gruppo Alibaba

You have not got all the settings correct It looks like you have the horn type set to ND rather than TH. You have shown the screen grab from Martinsons Blog not your actual input screen. Also note that in the blog the setting is 1Pi not 2Pi. showing a cabinet used against a back wall as well as being on the floor.

Hornresp seems to show that with the RCF MB12N351 xmax 6mm will be reached at about 44.72V - (Nominal 250 W into 8 ohms) 294W into the driver at 50hz, Using a 4th order butterworth hi pass set at 40Hz.
This does not take account of any headroom for the amplifier or thermal compression in the driver.

while the original cone the 12ps100 can go beyond as power?

I'm worried because I'm building 8 cabinet tham 15 (mk2), to be used with 15nbx100 that I have already ordered, I would not want to use the power due to too much compression that makes me go to limit the xmax.
But there is a user of this forum that says to use the tham 15 with the 15ps100 with 1250watt .. hopefully good!

Stop using the maximum SPL tool. In theory the 500W amplifier is powerful enough to drive the speaker to X-max, and the speaker will not stop when it reaches x-max.
In practice the speaker could probably use a bigger amplifier.
More importantly the high pass filter needs to be set to stop over excursion at lower frequencies. Run the sim for acoustical power and use the filter wizard to look at the displacement. My guess is as I said before 4th order hi -pass at 40Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.