Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

real efficiency tham 15 martinsson
real efficiency tham 15 martinsson
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2018, 08:33 PM   #31
Cableaddict is offline Cableaddict
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
Perhaps, but then again look what happened to their measurements of the TH118...
True dat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
P
If we had a FLH with the same path length and throat and mouth sizes, I bet no-one would question that the resonance frequency would be lowered if we put two side by side. But then it's claimed that doesn't happen if those FLHs are replaced with THs. Why?
There is also an issue with impedance, and IIRC, compression ratio. - The same factors, as far as I can tell, that make Art's Keystone mouth extension work.

But let's face it, I don't fully understand ANY of the physics here. I'm just throwing out other factors to look at.
Old 11th July 2018, 05:02 PM   #32
martinsson is offline martinsson  Sweden
diyAudio Member

We toyed with the idea of achieving good multiple units coupling when we developed the THAM18, it's a tapped horn with a 63 deg expansion roughly from the center of the driver to the end of the last segment, the coupling area is ~3733cm2, since it did not hurt the results so we went with it.
Old 11th July 2018, 05:47 PM   #33
Cableaddict is offline Cableaddict
diyAudio Member

^ What was the result?
Old 11th July 2018, 06:31 PM   #34
martinsson is offline martinsson  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I'm sorry to say I do not know, one would have to compare it with a similar design with significantly less coupling area, but as I wrote it was juat a thought, and seeing that it only seemed to bring a slightly higher sensistivity in the upper passband range in the simulations we thought it did not hurt to keep it.
Old 11th July 2018, 07:35 PM   #35
angelodj is offline angelodj
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinsson View Post
I'm sorry to say I do not know, one would have to compare it with a similar design with significantly less coupling area, but as I wrote it was juat a thought, and seeing that it only seemed to bring a slightly higher sensistivity in the upper passband range in the simulations we thought it did not hurt to keep it.
While for the tham15?
Are there any contraindications to uniting more units than tham 15? type 6 per side or 12 at the stage center?

I'm building 12 with 15ps100

real efficiency tham 15 martinssonHide this!Advertise here!