2 tham 15 or? instead of the w-bin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old system that I use as a mobile disco that I'm modifying, driver rcf ND on the high eighteen sound 12nd610 very efficient on the mids.
driven by a behringer inuke 3000 for the driver and a thomann ta3600 on the mids
4573946_1457013549.jpg

I would like to get the most out of the lows by staying within 20% of the size of the w-bin. I have an original lab gruppn fp1400, I think it's fine even at 2 ohm.

Unfortunately I do not have a very large van.
which solution recommended for every single side of the audio system?

1) use the original w-bin with a performance cone like the 18xl2000 faital (I would take little advantage of the lab gruppen)

2) use two more compact divers like the tham15 i even 4 tham 12 (work @2 ohm)

3) other solutions =?

how I could get more pressure and more extended low?

currently cut the mid to 180hz, is it correct?

thank you

As you have said the midrange is probably only good down to 180hz.this makes a tapped horn sub impractical as they are not able to get up to that crossover frequency.
The W bins are probably very efficient but dont go down very low.
I would probably concider a pair of double reflex cabinets. These will be the most compact, and can give you the bandwith you require and work with your mid range horns.

If you want more efficient speakers that will give the bandwidth you want then you are going to need a bigger van
If when you say you have a lab gruppn fp1400 you mean a lab gruppen fp14000 then you have plenty of power. There is a reason why many touring PA systems use dual reflex cabinets, and that is because they are the most compact solution.

Yes, lab gruppen FP 14000��
I saw the f1 f218 that makes 45-225uz to -3db, more or less it is a wbin, just that the average would be tight I would have to put it stretched .. but I would prefer two single 18 to be coupled. but also 15 with a good Hornet!

I would either go for multiple reflexes, as suggested by Xoc1, or alternatively go for a 2-way bass solution. Compromising of a dedicated kick bin for ~90 - 180 Hz and then some high output tapped horn (i.e. Xoc1 TH18) with a high powered driver (18SW115, 18NLW9001, etc.).

Because <180 Hz is mono in pretty much all cases, you could give the kick bins and tapped horns each a channel of the Labgruppen.

Regards Johan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.