Graham Holliman Velocity Coupled Infra Bass Speaker? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2004, 10:10 AM   #11
fragma is offline fragma  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fragma
Default Graham Hilliman Plans/instructions

Hi guys,

I was replying to some guys who already had the plans, however, seeing that you guys are so interested, I shall type out the document, and scan all the images and diagrams for you and send them to you. I only have a hard copy I was given some 9 years ago, so youll have to give me a few days to type it out. I have just typed out the introduction. The next few pages are all bout the cabinet construction. So give me your email addresses and ill send the word document as I update it with the rest of the article. Ill send to you what i have in the mean time.

PS: No...im not joking by the way. Upon reading these plans again, I noticed the author stressing "in the correct accoustic environmen" meaning to me ....a room you can shot all the doors and windows to create a "pressure chamber". and open plan listening environment wont do at all!

PSS: Email me at oiltanker@webmail.co.za...and ill reply to you with the plans as I type them out.
regards
ryan
Old 11th June 2004, 10:19 AM   #12
fragma is offline fragma  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fragma
Default What i have so far...

Aha....didnt see the attachment thingy magafta.....check it out sound enthusiasts
Attached Files
File Type: zip the graham.zip (6.2 KB, 1393 views)
Old 11th June 2004, 08:47 PM   #13
Coolin is offline Coolin  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default If your not joking...

Quote:
Originally posted by Coolin
I'd like the designs you have please...

thanks,

Coolin
Thanks for all that typing. But the fact that you did type it yourself instead of scanning still has me a little woried about it being a joke or not

I'll be awaiting the rest.

Coolin
Old 12th June 2004, 10:32 AM   #14
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi - Just caught up with this thread. Coincidence as I was attempting to describe the Graham Holliman design on the fullrange forum a couple of weeks back. To the doubters - yes, it does exist. The designs appeared in Hi-Fi Answers in the UK in the late 70s or early 80s. At the time, it was pre-CD so the author used a coin on top of his pickup headshell to get incfrabass from his turntable!

As I no longer have copies of the articles, I'll be interested in seeing them again.

Colin (note spelling - this could get confusing)
Old 12th June 2004, 10:35 AM   #15
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

PS to fraqma - I'm away from my main computer at present. When I get back next week, I'll post again and see if you want to try emailing me the scans of the articles and I'll try putting them through my OCR program.

Colin
Old 12th June 2004, 10:41 AM   #16
dazydee is offline dazydee  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hey, I was just about building myself a new infrasonic Sub, but I think I wait until your finished typing. This could work in my living room.

Thanks for all tha work

Danny
Old 12th June 2004, 11:48 AM   #17
synergy is offline synergy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

it does exist, the patent's here

i'm interested in this

why is it so room fussy tho? is it simply because of having to presurise the space enough to produce these frequencies?

why do you say that if you turn it up the worse it sounds?

any ideas on how to work out the required chamber volume and port sizes for any given driver?
Old 12th June 2004, 01:00 PM   #18
diyAudio Moderator

All tidy now, this thread merged with the original.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 12th June 2004, 01:47 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Infrawaves are an important part of music but for us Audiophiles it should not be taken lightly, the effects of infrawaves on the body can have real effects that can affect your health short term!
the psycoacoustic respones will give you a pounding head and make you feel sick as long Johns Silvers Parrot
Stay away from Infra designed T-lines and horns,IMO,, but saying all this, it does give a sense of space,size and air in music
Old 13th June 2004, 12:16 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

I can think of another sealed environment you could use these, in fact it's designed to be sealed

...my car

Hide this!Advertise here!