HELP to connect a subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I recently buy an NAD Processor T163.
This Processor has an adjustable crossover of 40-200Hz.
I have a box of 60 litres with a 12’ drive of Monacor (SPH-315). Do I need to make a crossover to put in my DIY subwoofer?
If not, can I use my NAD C320 as a Power amp to connect directly to the sub (drive)?
As I have two pre-out in the T163 can I connect this two to the Main In of the C320 and “Bi-amp” the sub?

Thanks,
Cristiano

If you have a crossover in your preamp/receiver, there's no reason to put one in the subwoofer.

Yes, you would connect from the "sub out" to any mono amp or one channel of a two channel amp... and then to the sub.

You can use two outputs feeding two amplifiers ONLY if the sub is a dual-coil driver. You CANNOT connect the outputs of two amplifiers to the same woofer coil. As an alternative, if you have a way of inverting one of the inputs (simple opamp circuit will do this), you can bridge the two channels of the amp to drive one coil.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.