Plans for JBell's SS18?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the SS15 thread several forum members talked about building the SS18 that JBell designed for the Dayton PA460-8, but the plans were not posted. It was said that a few of the members had the plans and would forward them if requested. JBell gave his blessing for this and I'm just trying to get them for a build.

I remember mention of a SS18 too - but think for that constraint, a proper 15 may (???) work as well or a bit better - - could a SS18 be configured to work pretty well ?

fwiw - a sim of Lowrider 18 vs B&C 15pzb40 in TB46 model of SS15

that's plenty of lows for a geezer like myself

did TB46 make a plan for SS15 ?

42aN17A.jpg

IF I could cheat and put a little 4.3 cubic foot Karlson box
in 1 pi and SS15 in 2 pi then

CQJzfTZ.jpg

Last edited:
The SS 18 was discussed on the SAWStudio / SAC User Group.
OT: New subs

It was a single sheet design with an open corner with just a brace that allowed the cabinet to be used in 2 positions with the floor blocking the other outlet.

Not sure if the plans were ever made public but they were available by request

I saw that thread and read through it. Several people discuss the build, but there were no details or drawings. It was designed for the PA460-8 and I have 4 of those needing a new home. I have already done bass reflex enclosures for them and was wanting to try a TH or similar. I PM’d the people mentioned in that thread and haven’t heard back yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.