Advise for TL Subs in the Corner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI All,

I know it's not a good thing to place my subs in two of the corners of the room, but that is the only place they'll fit.

These are the woofers I'm using:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=297-616

I'm using four of them ( two each side) for a right & left sub in a tapered TL. I can make the TL line up to 7'.

The preamp outputs to a Yamaha 31 band EQ and into a berringer 2-way xover (with sub outputs) and then out to the amps for sub/low/high (the line arrays that'll eventually be built will be bi-amped). Will the EQ tame most of the corner placement boom, and what else should I consider doing?

If absolutely needed to, I can move them 3-4 inches away from the back wall but have no room at all to move them away from the side walls.

Thanks for the help & suggestions.

Ralph

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ralph-bway said:
I checked your site and did a search here, but am no clear about what an "ML-TL" is and what mass loading is. Please point me in the right direction.

An ML-TL is a short no-taper TL with a resitive terminus (any tall, skinny, floor-standing bass-reflex that has a port near the bottom is unwittingly an ML-TL -- often not well-tuned thou). The links off the read-me 1t page to Martin King's site (FE208 ML-TL), and Bob Brines' site will take you to a wealth of info. Doing a search at the Full Range Forum should turn up some examples too.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.