Bad SUBWOOFER performance/A lot of air is trying to come out/thumps, PLEASE ADVISE... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2004, 05:11 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

It might have alot to do with it's location is his rom or office compared to yours. Sometimes location can make one of those cheapies seem alot more bearable in some respects.
Old 15th April 2004, 05:32 PM   #12
mcp is offline mcp  United States
diyAudio Member

This reminds me of a compact bandpass sub I once had. Uses something like 2 units of 4 1/2" inside I think. Can feel the air movement at the ports, but hardly any bass. Very disappointing.

Sold it to a friend who installed it in the cab of his truck and it actually sounded pretty good. Must be my room was too big.

Regards
Old 15th April 2004, 09:42 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to coolkhoa Send a message via MSN to coolkhoa Send a message via Yahoo to coolkhoa
About the Acoustic Authority (aka Cyber Acoustics) speakers:

Maximum PC tested their A-3780 2.1 system ($100) in March. To summarize, they sound decent (especially the satellites) but couldn't handle the tests. The left satellite blew first, then the right. They tested a second set that smoked, too. BTW they got a 3 (out of 10!) verdict. Boo.

I auditioned these speakers at Office Depot a few days ago and was hardly impressed. My father says the sub is boomy, even at low levels, and I must concur.

Stay clear...
Old 15th April 2004, 10:21 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default dumpster

I scored 12 Creative "subwoofer' out of a dumpster; they were inefficient & sounded like cr*p; (i think the plastic enclosure was tuned to around 75 Hz). I put 6 ea in a 50 L box tuned to 50Hz - they still didn't sound that great (surprise surprise). sort of OK for lower mids.

I think Stifa's best bet is to forget about trying to polish a t*rd, If he knows enough about electronics, he could pull them out of the creative and re-use them with a decent sheilded 6" woofer in a larger cab.

Pete McK
Old 16th April 2004, 12:08 AM   #15
Bull is offline Bull  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default reply

I've got the Logitech Z340 3 piece set 2 sats and a sub.
The sub gives very loud tight mid bass with is good but the satellites are awfully crap,no mids and muffled treble!
Surpised that a heavy duty 5 and 1/4 inch bass driver hidden in a sealed box with a 10 inch passive radiator in front of that,gives very good mid bass.
I think get the Logitech Z340 and throw way the satellites and replace them with Wharfedale flat panels [like i did] [the ones that look like picture frames] and it now sounds very good overall.

A pic of the Logitech sub and the Wharfedale loud panels!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l23-6132.jpg (23.8 KB, 256 views)
Old 16th April 2004, 12:10 AM   #16
Mudge is offline Mudge  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You've got to admit that a bandpass PR system is quite a cool idea for getting deep bass out of a small enclosure/driver.

I'm not saying it's a good way to get that bass, but it's cool
Old 16th April 2004, 12:11 AM   #17
Bull is offline Bull  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default reply

loudpanels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 201595.jpg (5.3 KB, 182 views)
Old 16th April 2004, 12:41 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

I bought that same 3 piece logitech for a mate. I opened up the satellites and put in some cotton wool for dampin mats. Made sure also that the ports were sealed off as that impaired the performance. No trebble? did you try removing the little covers that will expose the drivers, this brightened up the performance no odds, never have a heard such a change when the grills were removed.

The sub exited one room mode so I eq'd that out with foobar and told the mate to always ure foo to play music.

I was also impressed by the bass that thing puts out. Oh and BTW i think its a 8" passive radiator not that it matter.
Old 16th April 2004, 01:17 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BAM
Isn't that bad? I heard that exact model (the Cyber Acoustics set with the ten) once and it was horrible! Never before have I heard such a boomy subwoofer! That sub probably doesn't go below 65 Hz.

Yes it is really boomy..

Im saying it isnt bad for the price, you can pick them up for 5-10$ on ebay.
Old 16th April 2004, 02:57 AM   #20
jonz is offline jonz  Canada
diyAudio Member

You can pick up the Cyber Acoustics that sells for $100.00 at Future Shop for 5 to 10 bucks?? Show me where...

I don't know what you guys are talking about ..but for 100 buck sub for a pc....it's pretty good...boomy or no boomy ,that can all be adjusted by placement and software..

Hide this!Advertise here!