Tang Band W8-740P enclosure help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, long time lurker on here and would like some ideas on a project for the living room. I have 4 Tb 740-Ps and am looking to replace my dead sunfire sub.

To its credit the sunfire did a great job filling my room at the levels I listen to (typical tv watching and the occasional movie). The sunfire did great at filling in the low end below where my dual 6 definitive tech speakers roll off. Again, I don’t listen loud, but love the low end that the sunfire offered up. Sunfire amp died for the third time and I redfuse to repair it anymore. The sunfire sub was sold for parts.

Current state is that I have 4 TB W8-740p’s and I’d like to build some small subs to replace the old sunfire. Before anyone suggest I try to build some Tapped horns...I already built one that is roughly 48” x48” x 11” which works great in the garage, but fails miserably when I place it in the living room in the only position where it would work ( under the stairs - was going to port it through the wall).

I’ve been modeling the placement of 2 TBs in a ported cabinet with roughly 2 cubic feet per pair, tuned to 25hz. The simulations don’t look too bad. About 3db downat 25. The idea being that I can make a pair of dual opposed slim cabinet s that can be placed behind the couch or placed elsewhere in the room.

I’d like to get some other opinions on what can be done with these little drivers. I have a 400 watt (200x2) rotel amp thatwill be used to power these little guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.