Conflicting data on proper box size for Dayton reference HO's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You're welcome!

Understood, I was a fairly early adopter and found it quite 'challenging', so sympathetic to other's and had to still occasionally resort to browsing the HR thread for answers when I couldn't find it in the Help File until DMB recently pointed out to me/us that the Help/File/Find lookup feature will take us to it [a truly helpful feature], which if one uses it and still don't understand, then one will be able to ask a much more specific question that will help those of us who 'have a clue' do a [hopefully] better job of educating the novice without so much frustration/time wasted as is the norm on forums devoted to seemingly complex, often counterintuitive technicalities such as one devoted to DIY audio speaker design.

As noted at the beginning of the Help File, once it directs one to a general Tool, then double click on it to get the full description.

The 'new' Help/Input Wizard is also a huge help for novices, which would at least have saved you the initial major error of using the horn tool to incorrectly design a basic sealed or vented cab alignment.

Note you can use it to do vented alignments [not sealed], just for basic woofer cabs its greater design flexibility isn't required.

GM

That's a great sub. Two will be pretty solid volume-wise if they have around 1000w each. It isn't really a loud sub in general but it has great presence and hits very deep. I have liked it in sealed and ported boxes. For sealed, anything around 1 ft^3 sounds great.

If you do a ported configuration in 1.3-1.5 ft^3 per sub, they can get pretty damn loud and sound best with low port tunings. The recommendation is 27 hz- can be tricky to actually make a decent sized port that long but the sub will just freaking pound across the whole range.

I must have done something wrong. I'm getting very low DB. Here is some screen shots.

You need to 0 out all the segments and lengths to model a sealed enclosure. Use VRC and LRC for sealed. If you put your cursor in each field and hit the F6 key, then you can enter cubic inches or feet for VRC and inches or feet for LRC. I'm on my phone so I can't do HR pics right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.