subwoofer box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No one can make any specific recommendations without the parameters for the subwoofer. You will need to find these (easiest) or measure these (harder).

The general recommendation on a place to start is to download a copy of WinISD and play with some box sizes. WinISD will let you model vented and sealed types of boxes, the two most straightforward boxes.

Most of your choice of box size and type will depend on frequency goals, SPL (sound pressure level), and whether you want to optimize for music or HT (Home theater) reproduction.

If you have access to the Excel Spreadsheet program, the BoxyCad is a pretty nifty tool to work out different box dimensions once you have decided on a box volume.

Looks like your crossover can crossover pretty much anywhere you want. What is the wattage output of your amplifier ?

moving_electron,
my amplifier gives about 100w rms
at 8 ohms. I have the sub with the amp and filter all connected on my floor and it sound damm good!!
to bad that i cant take a picture of it, my dad is in South Africa for 10 days and he took the camera with him! sorry.....
well any way i will try that program WinISD and see how it goes
thanks,
kinser

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.