New Kind of suspension?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
perfect linearity, large excusrion

My dear friends will help me explaining this:
driver.jpg
sarrus.jpg
Fusor says (diyAudio Member):

The right angles of a sarrus would seem to maintain alignment even with only two sides. Also much higher Q and more linear than the circular stretching/pulling of a conventional spider.

Excellent idea sir. Further plans?

ICG says (diyAudio Member):

The kept alignment is a very big advantage. The downside is, the spring tension of the spider is missing to get the cone back which can lead to a coil offset position in resting position. The progression of the spider can prevent the coil from hitting the back pole plate (if the driver is designed that way) and that is also a feature which is missing. That are two important drawbacks but both could potentially be eliminated if used in an active position feedback system. Such a system would allow huge but extremely precise excursions and excellent impulse response if designed properly.

Mexican here (me, myself and I):

Hi, thaks a lot for your commets on my post !!

Initialy it is just the motor to be used in a bass radiator of a new kind, but it can be interesting to adapt it to a standar cone with rubber surround...it is just an idea to add limits and a resting position of the linear motion, Hope you like it!!
BOCINA_SARRUS..jpg

To be sincere I have my doubts if putting springs against springs will resoult in a different force if I change the lenght !!??!!

Sorry for my poooor English
Can not change title!!

Last edited:
Maybe something like this will prove more durable:
YouTube
However there will be mechanical "losses".

I would recommend Butyl/Santoprene for the surround due to longevity.
Foam might be easier to work with but will detoriate far more quickly.
Maybe some shop already carries the required diameter?

Thanks a lot :rolleyes: Now I have a path to follow with Butyl/Santoprene!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.