best 2 subwoofers each format (2 for small , 2 for big one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two options:
- The B&C 21SW152 in a ported box tuned wherever you want it. That's your small box.
- B&C 21SW152 in a big tapped horn. That's your big box.

Both will go below 30Hz with authority. The tapped horn will go roughly 6dB louder, but will be roughly 2x the size of the ported box.
You might need more power.

Chris

Two options:
- The B&C 21SW152 in a ported box tuned wherever you want it. That's your small box.
- B&C 21SW152 in a big tapped horn. That's your big box.

Both will go below 30Hz with authority. The tapped horn will go roughly 6dB louder, but will be roughly 2x the size of the ported box.
You might need more power.

Chris

Chris661, may you share the plans? thanks

Ok. is the Othorn the best overall sub? If yes, CAMCO Vortex6 Bridged at
8 ohms will be right?

I like the Othorn very much, but I have not heard every sub out there.

Mine have the B&C Speakers 21SW152-4, so they are 4 ohms not 8 ohms. You may load load them with a variety of different drivers, so you need to match power and ohms with the driver you choose.

Hi, Ricci and Globalplayer.

Thanks a lot for your fast response.

Aplication: Mainly for EDM for huge audience, outdoors.
2nd. will be live sound
Budget: top of the line Drivers, USA market ( No IPAL or 2 Ohms subs )
Cabinet size and weight are not a problem. but single driver box preferably.
Amp power: 2400 watts 8 Ohms bridge mode. or 1200 watts 4 Ohms

Goals:
Very low response (30 Hz or down)
2 or more options will be appreciated, (large an small box size)

thanks everyone,

Ok. is the Othorn the best overall sub? If yes, CAMCO Vortex6 Bridged at
8 ohms will be right?
As I said it depends on the driver you choose, and the Camco V6 will do the job, but it is way bigger than the spec you gave (2400 8ohm bridged and 1200 4ohm stereo).
I've never used Camco amps for subs though, so I cannot speak to that application. I have used Camco V6s for top boxes in a mixed aystem, but the d&b B2 subs in that system were powered by d&b amps(of course).

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    70.7 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.