Multiple Woofers in One Cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Partly due to the size of cabinets needed for some Eminence bass guitar woofers, what would be wrong about multiple drivers sharing one ported cabinet ? And would the volume and port calculations not work for this ?
I am thinking of two 12" woofers in an approximate 6 cubic foot box with multiple round ports.

sure.

I use 2 x eminence 15lf woofers in a single cab (jbl 4508a I think).

I'd swear there is a bit of chesty-ness maybe due to the standing wave of the 39" cabinet height, but the ratios are close to 1 : 1.618 otherwise.

But............. the box becomes a bit heavy, and you lose the ability to have 2 subs that you can separate and move around the room to try to chase standing waves away.

I looked for a thread , didn't find it. Start a thread, you'll find it, thanks. Two 6.5 cf cabs for two Eminence BP122 12" LF woofers will be a problem. Still not big enough to fully extend the low end it can do, 35hz for a bass amp speaker is pretty low.

I don't know how big I need the cabinet, currently trying to dial it in with Boxsim. It's an analysis program not a design, as far as I see, have plenty of stuff going on and had to take this on too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.