New guy from South Dakota

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I've been Googling for some audio related information and this forum kept coming up with the detailed (often over my head) explanations. I'm a fan of knowing why recommendations are given, so I figured I should just join up.

I've been into car stereos since before I had a car, and recently purchased my first true home surround setup. However, the main reason I am hear is for advice and education on my current project, my 30x50 shop.

I purchased the shop last year to restore and customize cars, do some custom painting, and just plain hang out. It is 30 by 50 feet, with 14 foot side walls. Concrete block, and in the future I will be framing, spray foaming, and drywalling the interior since the winters here can be hard on the heating bill.

I am currently running 2 Behringer iNuke amplifiers, one 4 channel that is driving the 4 Pioneer tower speakers in each corner and another driving 2 PSI audio 12" subwoofers in a ported enclosure.

It sounds OK, but the 2 12" subwoofers just cannot fill that much volume with sound, plus my current placement of the subwoofers is causing multiple dead zones in the shop.

I am about to replace the 12" subwoofers with 18" subwoofers, and I will probably step up to 4 of them, which should help fill the room.

While trying to decide which subwoofers, I started researching various topics. Often, I ended up here for the best answers, so I joined. I have many questions, some relating to TS parameters, some towards optimal placement of the subwoofers in such a large room, and some towards enclosure design software and enclosure design in general.

My situation is slightly unique, but I also don't want to ask questions that have been covered before, so if anyone could point me towards threads or just ignore any redundant things I post, that'd be great.

Any questions about myself or my current topic, ask away! Glad to be here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.