Linkwitz transform

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You're talking about two different topics. My one inch measurement only addresses the specific solution for EQ'ing the woofers themselves. I thought that was obvious.
Dave - I though it was obvious that I thought needless fine-tuning and fussing with the woofers was a waste of time since you will soon after be tossing out that EQ in favour of the listening chair EQ which likely will be quite different for a sub.

Sticking with realities for a change, room EQ for a sub starts with an REW curve with amazing bumps and dips south of 300 Hz and bearing no resemblance to those swell curves in an early post. So you fiddle with the knobs until you've sorted that out and in relation to the crossover region* as well. Then you listen to your old familiar organ or double-bass recordings to see if any notes are still handled poorly where you sit and if the bottom end has the oomph you like and..... then you shift the subs around because that's the best way to start fixing the bass in a real-world room.

B.
*you will be shocked at how wrong the crossover region will look on the first run, no matter how many decimal places you've calculated your now-glued-in-place crossover

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.