Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is speaker blown?
Is speaker blown?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th February 2018, 09:33 PM   #11
LORDSANSUI is offline LORDSANSUI  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Looks like t-nuts has the power to really mess up things. I had my first and unique experience at the project SS15MOD.

Fortunately my T-nuts were not pulling out, I bind them but as side effect when the screw is not properly aligned with the t-nut the joint will not be able to fastening, the screw point face will block itself forcing you to unscrew all and start again. Just after finish my project I remember about one common solution often used at vehicle industry, it may help many folks here and for sure I will use in the next project.

To avoid problems with t-nuts we should used screw with special point, it was initially designed to improve automated process, it has a kind of cone, or a big chamfer (if you prefer) that will guide the screw to the proper female thread and auto centering. Below you can find a sketch and a real image about it as example. It ca be found with different heads and different necks and I think it can fix issues related to t-nuts.

Click the image to open in full size.
Direct image link: https://s17.postimg.org/xb4ut51rz/Screw.png
Direct image link: https://s17.postimg.org/yq6fhvq0f/P_20180206_155908.jpg
Direct image link: https://s17.postimg.org/q7wzdkm2n/P_20180206_155919.jpg
Old 6th February 2018, 11:09 PM   #12
MAAC0 is offline MAAC0  Portugal
diyAudio Member

One of my Behringer B115D sounded rattling. The woofer magnet on one side was loose. There was a tiny "paper sheet thickness" space between the gasket and the magnet. I've put a heavy load on the back side and glued all with Araldite. Working fine now.

Is speaker blown?Hide this!Advertise here!