Interested in building a small bass horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,,

I've been thinking of building a small horn lately with a 6,5 or 8 inch driver but whatnt/s parameters should a driver suited for a horn have?

And secondly, how do I go about building one?

I have nice 8" drivers that are really cheap but still has 12mm Xmax.

The driver is Omnes audio W8-670Z but I don't know if it is a suitable driver for a horn.

What parameters should a driver suitable for a horn have? Please list some guidelines for me so I know what to look for in a driver sjifed for a small 6,t or 8 inch horn.

It would be helpful if someone listed for example suitable Qts, Vas, Fs, and such that would be useful in a horn.

After finding a nice driver comes next problem which is even bigger, how the f**k do I design a good horn?

I KNOW hornresp is available but it seems like mathematics on Arabic for me, not easy to understand.

Please help me Out fellow diy'ers

Thanks in advance!! //JK

Basically drivers with low qts, high BL and high xmax. you can then compare drivers strongness with the math BL^2/Re. And of course compare them inside HR.

your driver can work in a horn, but there are better drivers out there, for example the TB W8-740P, TB W8-1363SB, Dayton RSS210HO*4, to name a few.

But a small horn with a small sub is not going to do much, better small alternatives are sealed or ported or sealed with passive radiators.

Some topics on 8" horns:
dual 8" spud
anarchy horn
Visaton 8 horn
high output 8 tapped horn

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.