Help with Tline build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im doing a lot of reading, and watching some videos on how to go about calculating everything. On that note, does anyone have some favorite reading material on design?

One issue I am struggling with is the air chamber directly behind the driver. How does the volume of this modify the shape and dimensions of the chamber?

I am seeming to come to some odd limitation, I have a sub that is 7.15" deep, and mounting diameter 11.2. With a surface area (SD)~76-84.5. So if i use the minimum height of the cutout diameter of 11.2, then i can only have a chamber depth of 7.5". Leaving only a very small area for air to move behind the magnet, and also the outside of the sub frame will be overhanging the box edge?

By my math with this sub (12" TC Sounds LMS-R) i will get these values.
FS:28
SD:76.1 ( I measured to half the surround and get 84.5)

so 1130/28=10.08ft = 121" port length
and with a median surface of say 80sq/in

Im struggling to find a way to fit this biggish sub into a small port size. The sub has a cutout diameter of 11.2, total outside diameter of 12.6". If i use the port dimensions of 11.5 tall, then it needs to be 6.9" deep. This wont let the sub fit since its 7.15" deep.

Am I missing something? Any help for me on this is greatly appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.