Options for subsonic filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. Building a ported sub using an alpine type R 15inch driver.

Im aware I need a subsonic filter. plan is to tune to 17hz and apply a subsonic filter around 16hz to limit excursion.

Problem is. I already have a pro amp. A qsc rmx1450. Ideal power. But not subsonic filter option.

My avr has very advanced room correction. (anthem arc) But I think I can only set the high pass as low as 20hz thus loosing anything below that.. If I set it to flat, (fine for sealed) then it will not apply a filter and the sub could over drive when lower than tuning frequency.

Does anyone have a solution for this?? Other than sell the qsc and get an I nuke dsp. Thanks

Hi. Thanks for the replys. Seriously considering the mindsp but I have a concern.

Does this accept the Rca analogue sub output and apply the required filter? Would this not have to convert the signal to digital to apply the filter.? Then back to analogue... Bearing in mind the room correction has already been done and this would be even more digital processing. (bad for sound)

I would be quite happy to let the avr filter below 20hz. But I know there is some content below that. E.g. War of the worlds.

Simulation shows if I apply a 16hz butterworth filter, I I would still have decent output at 10hz. Any higher and hardly any output at 10hz. Hence why I want some customization.

I could just build it sealed and forget it. Don't know I would be happy with the output. Best sub I have ever owned is a svs sb12+ 400w small sealed sub.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.