Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Powered sub troubleshooting
Powered sub troubleshooting
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st January 2018, 03:40 PM   #1
duder1982 is offline duder1982  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Powered sub troubleshooting

The sub in question is a Velodyne servo F-1800rII. Every since I have own this sub, I have used it for lfe in my tv room, it would make a popping sound when low frequencies play. I figured this was due to pushing the sub past it's capabilities. Recently it has developed a hum, which may be due to a bad cable.

I would like to verify my assumptions as I would like to make the decision to either replace the driver or the amp. If my assumptions are correct, then it may be best to sell the sub as a whole to someone who is looking for a sub just for music.

My thoughts are to try the sub in a 2 channel system to see how it performs. This could eliminate a lot of extra un needed work. If the problems exist, I would remove the driver and run some test tones to see if the driver itself is performing like it should. This should narrow it down to just the plate amp.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Powered sub troubleshootingHide this!Advertise here!