6.5 inch Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey 454Casull, thanks for the replies.

The DAYTON 6-1/2" woofer wont work too well as I need a 4 ohm woofer to get the max output from the amp (the original speaker is 4 ohms too). I searched all of partsexpress and all I could not find anything so great. Althought I could have missed something.

Any more web sites I could check?
I am willing to spend up to $50.

Thanks

If that's cm and the wall is 12 mm thick you're left with only 6 liter. If that is inches you have a way too big sub for a 6.5 incher

The tangband W6 1139sc is 4 ohm and can go in an awfull smal space but this is probably to small.

The sub would work but the port would need to be relatively long (285mm with an internal dia of 36 mm)

If you have an opportunity: build yourself a new enclosure of about 12 liters internal volume and use this driver you can easily calculate the portlengt with winisd

So if I understand correctly 9 litres internal volume,with a slot
port 22cm x 1cm length 12cm, which is a port frequency of 60Hz.

It needs a carefully chosen driver for volume / tuning,
and its possible EQ is built into the subwoofer.
Have you enquired to AL for a replacement ?

:) sreten.

Attachments

• alsub.gif
    alsub.gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 585
454Casull,
I am actually fixing the speaker system for a friend and I dont have any wood work equipment, so building a box is out of the question.

sreten,
You are right, the box is 9 litres internal volume,with a slot port.
Thanks for the graphs. I think I will go with the Goldwood, Im just scared that it might blow with high power. I have called Altec Lansing, they said since its a discontinued product they cant help me.

Since 6.5 inch 4 ohm speakers are so hard to find I think I might go with a 6 ohm , what do you guys think about this: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=290-027

Re: Re: Re: 6.5 inch Subwoofer

Ya, I think I'd pick the Dayton too.

Circlotron said:

Went the same way as "stars".
Now everything / everybody is a subwoofer or a superstar. :rolleyes:

How true, I guess I hoped our beloved hobby wouldn't.

Off topic:

I saw a kitchenware ad on TV that said:

"Plus, in addition you get an extra added bonus of..."

That's a lot of words to say "You also get..."

Ahh, the counter-evolution of a language.

Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.